The POP Montreal team is in search of a highly motivated, organized and most importantly, enthusiastic travel and tourism intern who is interested in working in the music industry/non-profit sector.
As an intern, you will be involved in various aspects of developing tourism packages and programs and helping market POP Montreal to a new audience.
The intern will work primarily at the POP Montreal office in the Mile-End area of Montreal though may be required to be present for meetings, events and concerts. The position will be working with POP Montreal’s Executive Producer and Marketing Director.
Dates : Between January and May, 2013 (Minimum 3 months)
Hours : Minimum 15 hours a week, up to 30 if available (2-4 days per week in the POP Montreal office)
Language : English– intermediate spoken and written. French – fluent spoken and written
Skills, Training and Interests :
• Hospitality, travel and/or tourism practical experience or education
• Advanced Microsoft Office – especially excel
• Familiarity with Google Docs
• Very organized and detail oriented
• Comfortable developing new relationships and partnerships over the phone and in person
• Web research experience
• Interested in Music, Arts, Culture.
• In depth knowledge of Montreal’s tourism industry
• Creating hotel and travel packages for National and International attendees
• Exploring partnerships with hotels and transportation companies (ground and air)
• Securing online and print presence in tourist guidebooks, and information packages highlighting Montreal
• Research and present POP Montreal to established tourism networks in Montreal (association of concierges, guide companies etc.)
• Work with POP Montreal’s Executive Producer to collaborate with government level tourism boards and organizations.
• Explore partnerships between local companies, tour operators and POP Montreal in order to maximize tourist experiences and exposure
• Work with POP Montreal’s Marketing Director to target music industry organizations and key stakeholders and develop tailored travel packages
• Opportunity to work with community leaders and volunteers
• Super Pass to POP Montreal’s 2013 edition
• Guest List to many POP Montreal events and concerts
• Great experience and fun!
• This is an unpaid position
University/College credit :
POP Montreal will work with any educational institution to ensure that the intern receives proper credit for their experience. This includes any forms, documentation or correspondence with your institution that is required or necessary.
How to Apply :
Resumes and cover letters are encouraged prior to December 5, 2012. Interested students can submit resumes and a cover letter that includes your availability and preferred schedule for the internship via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “TOURISM INTERNSHIP” in the subject line.