1) Is there really a 3D dinosaur museum in Decatur? What's your favorite dinosaur and why?
Fernbank is definitely a real thing. I remember going there all the time in middle school for field trips. It’s a planetarium in addition to a dinosaur museum so we learned a lot every time we went but still managed to have fun looking up at the stars. I’ve never put much thought into what my favorite dinosaur is, probably just because they’re extinct and I’ve never seen one, but if I had to choose it would be a T-Rex because their little arms are funny.
2) We hear Chris Tucker grew up in Decatur - If you were the star of a Rush Hour type buddy comedy, who would you want your co-star to be?
If I could pick anyone in the world I’d probably choose to clone myself like Lindsay Lohan in The Parent Trap.
3) Have you ever been to The Waffle House Museum, is it amazing and what are your favorite breakfast foods?
There are honestly so many Waffle Houses in Georgia that they don’t excite me anymore so I never felt a need to go to the museum. Literally, you will pass 5 of them on one street if you go far enough. I love a good egg and cheese biscuit, grits with sugar, and crispy hashbrowns.
4) Do you go The Decatur Book Festival? What's the most memorable book from your childhood?
I don’t think I’ve gone to that but there was a book fair that came to my elementary school every year that was probably the most exciting annual event. The most memorable is definitely the Twilight saga. I read all of them in like 5 days.
5) Michael Stipe from REM is from Decatur, if you started a band with 3 letters, what would those 3 letters be?
BBC (Bad Bitch Crew)
Watch the Mean Girls video above and click here to RSVP to the event. Yung Baby Tate will be performing alongside Haviah Almighty, winner of the Polaris Prize in music, and Ian Isiah.
Friday, September 27th at Piccolo Rialto: 23h00 doors // 23h30 show