JOB OFFER at POP MONTREAL INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL
Position: Financial Manager
Start date: September 8, 2020
Status: Permanent, year-round
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours / week)
Starting hourly wage: $20
Purpose of Position:
Under the supervision of and in collaboration with the Executive Producer, the Financial Manager will manage the accounting and financial reporting services and systems for POP Montreal, in accordance with organizational policy and legislative requirements. The Financial Manager must communicate closely with internal and external parties in order to ensure that POP’s accounting and financial systems run smoothly year-round.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Executive Producer: creates and monitors budgets for departments and projects; plans and ensures optimum use of resources.
- Working with the Executive Producer: coordinates the preparation of annual and quarterly budgets, forecasts, and cash flow projections to guide the financial management of the organization.
- Monitors and reports on budget allocations on a regular basis.
- Prepares budgets for public reports and grant applications as well as reporting for grants as required.
Financial analysis and planning:
- Analyses and reports on the company’s financial position on a regular basis.
- Creates and manages cash-flow analyses of the organization and advises on the planning of programming and events.
- Forecasts and manages financial risk of the organization; forecasts company growth and advises on its impact to the organization.
- Participates in general financial planning and funds management.
- Ensures the development, implementation, compliance with and maintenance of company financial accounting policies and systems in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards.
- Oversees the fulfillment of tax returns, insurance, and other reports required by government regulations; liaises with auditors, external accountants, and others on financial matters as company spokesperson.
- Responsible for data entry and bookkeeping (accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, issuance of checks, etc.)
- Assists in internal audits of project and general budgets as required.
- Undertakes general filing and record-keeping of financial materials.
- Monitors and records office petty cash and receipt collection, and bank deposits; monitors and reconciles bank account, PayPal and other ongoing revenue and expenses.
- Settles shows for both year-round and festival events.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Participates in staff evaluations, and relevant board meetings and board retreats.
- Assists in hiring, and acts as a supervisor to, the Festival Cash Controller.
- Represents the organization in a manner consistent with internal principles.
- Participates in administrative duties including answering telephones, opening mail, office cleaning and general maintenance as required.
- Due to the nature of the industry, this is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has 2+ years of bookkeeping and/or accounting experience, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, general ledger, issuance of checks, tax returns, insurance.
- Has 2+ years of experience with building and managing budgets.
- Has experience doing cash-flow analysis and projections.
- Has strong spoken and written skills in French and English.
- Is comfortable working in a community-based, non-profit setting.
- Can work independently, is organized, and pays great attention to detail.
- Can work collaboratively, and has strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Is familiar with Sage accounting software (asset).
To apply: Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not mail applications or drop them off in person. We will be considering applications on a rolling basis. Please note that we will contact only those candidates whom we choose to interview.
Application deadline has been extended until Monday, August 3rd at 11 AM, EDT.
We encourage Indigenous people, Black people, people of colour, LGBTQI people, and/or members of other groups who are underrepresented in artistic organizations to apply. We are committed to building a team that is as diverse as our artists and our audiences.
Note: Interviews will most likely happen over video-chat, as our office continues to be closed due to COVID-19 precautions. The Financial Manager may need to work from home, at least for the beginning of the contract.