Produced by POP Montreal and in collaboration with the Borough of the Plateau-Mont-Royal, the Marché des possibles (MDP) is a much-loved community event returning to the Mile-End this summer for a fourth edition. Located in the green space and the parking lot beside the Arena St. Louis, the MDP is a programmed public space for all ages that presents the best of everything that Mile-End has to offer.
The Marché des Possibles will be open from June 23rd to August 13th - (Friday 5pm-11pm, Saturday 11am-11pm, Sunday 11am–7 pm).
The MDP will include:
• a small bar and open-air biergarten
• a different artisan craft market featuring local creations every weekend
• fun, delicious and affordable food by local chefs every day
• community garage sales
• surprise chef battles on Saturday evenings
• excellent publicity and visibility for all our partners and collaborators
• wonderful opportunity to connect with Mile-End residents and Montreal at large
• diverse, free, cultural programming, including live music, films, dance and theatre
• wide range of free daytime workshops for children and adults (yoga, storytelling, Qi Gong, art classes, circus, hip hop, puppet making, music class…)
• Special St. Jean Baptiste day and Canada Day music and activity programming
Montreal is a food city, we all know it- and now we have the opportunity to bring this food to the street- our street- the MdP. Our chefs were such a great success last year that we would like to ramp it up this year making the MdP a place to eat.
The regular Friday and Saturday evening slots are available from 17h to 22h. New this year are the Sunday slots from 13h-19 and Saturday daytime from 12- 16h. We are also preparing an exciting new Pop-Up event - Saturday Night Surprise Chef Battles. Every Saturday night two star chefs will battle it out to prepare the best street food in town - but who are the chefs? It’s a surprise! People will have to come down to find out.
As last year we hope to be able to offer delicious, affordable meal options to the MDP visitors that will celebrate the culinary diversity of Mile End and Montreal. If you are interested in participating, please consider the following:
• You must have a MAPAQ permit and adhere to all MAPAQ regulations for food preparation
• Please consider offering one or more affordable items on the menu
• Reserve your place for $50 + tax per night (special price for chefs who will be present on a semi-regular basis)
• Tent rental (10’x 10’) $10 per night
• Please prepare for the weather
Be inspired by BBQ, street food, finger food… be creative!
Please click here to apply or contact Mistaya Hemingway before May 1st to reserve your place :
email@example.com / 514.560.3860