Do you play musical instruments? Are you in a band? Are you really good? Today might be your lucky day.
Join us for the best festival in the universe. Submissions are now open to play the 18th edition of the POP Montreal International Music Festival, happening September 25-29, 2019. We want to hear you!
Please note that an application fee is required in order to process your application.
November 8 - December 1, 2018: $20 CAD
December 2 - January 1, 2019: $25 CAD
January 2 - May 12, 2019: $30 CAD *extended until May 29th!
Your application is examined at one of our Listening Sessions. This is where some of Montreal’s finest music curators, musicians, professionals, fans, and listeners get together for hours of listening to each and every band submitted to POP Montreal. With the help of free beer and snacks, listeners are warmly invited to join us every week between February and July. We casually sit around our office couches and (anonymously) vote yay or nay, one submission at a time. Bands are either accepted and submitted to the programming team, or invited to try again next year. If you love listening to music and want to have your say on who should play POP 2019, be sure to join us by registering with firstname.lastname@example.org!
New this year: POP Export!
Apply to play POP Montreal and have the chance to not only perform during the festival, but also to potentially accompany POP Montreal on selected POP off showcases in Canada and abroad for the duration of the following year.
- Artists must be local (from Montreal)
- Artists must apply and be selected to play the upcoming edition of POP Montreal
- One to three local artists will be selected for the POP Acts program (per year)
- Selected artists are not to be managed by the festival, nor is POP Montreal a booking agency; the program solely exists to give visibility and opportunities to local artists within Canada and abroad
- POP Montreal commits to pitching the selected artist (s) to partnering festivals for which POP has official showcases, pending partnering festival’s approval and as per their selection criteria
- Artist fee, travel, accommodation and per diem expenses to be determined as per partnering festival’s offer / available funding
- Selected artists will be notified in the fall of 2019
:-) :-) :-) Good Luck!