Start date: January 15, 2018
Status: Permanent, year-round
Hourly wage: $19
Purpose of Position:
Under the supervision of and in collaboration with the Director of Operations, the Director of Brand Partnerships will work to maintain and exceed the current financial levels of corporate sponsorship as part of POP Montreal’s overall budget in line with POP Montreal’s mandate, values and methods of operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research corporate partners, oversee the development of sponsorship plans and write sponsorship proposals to increase the funds of the organization.
• Participate in sponsorship networking activities as appropriate.
• Ensure that all sponsorship agreements with businesses and individuals are completed effectively and coordinated to avoid double asks and maximize effectiveness.
• Meet or surpass annual sponsorship goals.
• Maintain a database of POP Montreal sponsorship relations.
• Ensure the fulfillment of sponsor agreements.
• Ensure the tracking of sponsor and venue media coverage.
• Represent POP Montreal to private funders.
• Coordinate the production of annual sponsor decks and any additional materials related to sponsorship and or sales.
• Develop and implement an aggressive growth strategy for new and current corporate sponsors.
• Coordinate agency and private sponsorship solicitors.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a current awareness of trends in private funding for music festivals.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Participate in staff evaluations, and any relevant board meetings and board retreats.
• Assist in hiring and act as supervisor to Brand Partnerships Assistant.
• Represent the organization in a manner consistent with internal principles.
• Participate in administrative duties including answering telephones, opening mail, office cleaning and general maintenance as required.
• Occasional travel may be required.
Due to the nature of the industry, this is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Has strong spoken and written skills in French and English.
• Has experience creating and maintaining relationships with sponsors.
• Is familiar with the Montreal/Quebec cultural and business landscape.
• Is comfortable working in a community-based, non-profit setting.
• Is self-motivated and demonstrates long-term vision.
• Can work independently, is organized, and pays great attention to detail.
• Can work collaboratively, and has strong interpersonal communication skills.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please do not mail applications or drop them off in person. The application deadline is Monday, Janaury 8 at 9 a.m. Please note that we will contact only those candidates whom we choose to interview.