Start date: January 7, 2019
Training dates (paid, part-time): September 17–30, 2018; December 10–21, 2018
Status: Permanent, year-round
Starting hourly wage: $19
Purpose of Position:
Under the supervision of and in collaboration with the Executive Producer, the Financial Manager will manage the accounting and financial reporting services and systems for POP Montreal, in accordance with organizational policy and legislative requirements. The Financial Manager will also coordinate and execute the ticketing and pass system for the festival.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Working with the Executive Producer: creates and monitors budgets for departments and projects; plans and ensures optimum use of resources.
• Working with the Executive Producer: coordinates the preparation of annual and quarterly budgets, forecasts, and cash flow projections to guide the financial management of the organization.
• Monitors and reports on budget allocations on a regular basis.
• Prepares budgets for public reports and grant applications as well as reporting for grants as required.
Financial analysis and planning:
• Analyses and reports on the company’s financial position on a regular basis.
• Creates and manages cash-flow analyses of the organization and advises on the planning of programming and events.
• Forecasts and manages financial risk of the organization; forecasts company growth and advises on its impact to the organization.
• Participates in general financial planning and funds management.
• Ensures the development, implementation, compliance with and maintenance of company financial accounting policies and systems in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards.
• Oversees the fulfillment of tax returns, insurance, and other reports required by government regulations; liaises with auditors, external accountants, and others on financial matters as company spokesperson.
• Responsible for data entry and bookkeeping (accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, issuance of checks, etc.)
• Assists in internal audits of project and general budgets as required.
• Undertakes general filing and record-keeping of financial materials.
• Monitors and records office petty cash and receipt collection, and bank deposits; monitors and reconciles bank account, PayPal and other ongoing revenue and expenses.
• Settles shows for both year-round and festival events.
• Coordinates the development of, and manages, monitors, and reports on the annual ticketing and pass system.
• Coordinates with ticketing companies; provides information to the Marketing and Communications department relevant to marketing plans for ticket and pass sales.
• Provides training to POP festival volunteers on pass and ticket procedures; prepares festival show files for venue managers; oversees box office at all festival venues to ensure that ticketing and pass system runs smoothly.
• Analyses ticketing and pass data post-festival, provides reports to relevant departments.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attends weekly staff meetings.
• Participates in staff evaluations, and any relevant board meetings and board retreats.
• Assists in hiring, and acts as a supervisor to, the Festival Cash Controller.
• Represents the organization in a manner consistent with internal principles.
• Participates in administrative duties including answering telephones, opening mail, office cleaning and general maintenance as required.
Due to the nature of the industry, this is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Has 2+ years of bookkeeping and/or accounting experience, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, general ledger, issuance of checks, tax returns, insurance.
• Has 2+ years of experience with building and managing budgets.
• Has experience doing cash-flow analysis and projections.
• Has strong spoken and written skills in French and English.
• Has experience working in the music industry.
• Is comfortable working in a community-based, non-profit setting.
• Can work independently, is organized, and pays great attention to detail.
• Can work collaboratively, and has strong interpersonal communication skills.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please do not mail applications or drop them off in person. We will be considering applications on a rolling basis. Please note that we will contact only those candidates whom we choose to interview.