Start Date: May 3, 2021
End Date: November 26, 2021
Schedule: Average of 35 hours/week (30 hours/week in May, October, November; 40 hours/week in June-September)
Hourly Wage: $18/hour
NOTE: Candidate MUST qualify for Emploi Quebec subvention salariale. Do not apply if you are not eligible. For more information, consult your Local Employment Centre: https://www.mtess.gouv.qc.ca/services-en-ligne/centres-locaux-emploi/localisateur/services_en.asp
ABOUT POP MONTREAL
POP Montreal International Music Festival is a not-for-proﬁt grassroots organization that champions independence in the arts by presenting emerging and celebrated artistic talents from around the world. Now in its 20th year, POP’s main event is a five-day music and arts festival taking place from September 22-26, featuring bands as well as films, art, fashion, crafts and special events. In addition to the main festival, POP presents multidisciplinary events locally and internationally throughout the year.
Working in the POP Montreal office or from home, the Graphic Designer is responsible for creating marketing and promotional materials, while maintaining a cohesive brand for the festival that spans all print, web, and other materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Graphic Designer will, using our brand identity guide, articulate POP Montreal’s aesthetic identity through different mediums.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work in close collaboration with the Marketing Director;
• Ensure visual consistency throughout all of POP Montreal visual materials;
• Develop new, creative approaches to POP Montreal’s aesthetic identity;
• Design and lay out projects, working within the established artistic parameters;
• Produce print ads, digital ads, web banners, internal documents, marketing materials, website designs, merchandise, posters, and any additionally required materials;
• Liaise with POP Montreal’s partners and clients to provide design services as needed.
• Exceptional creative vision
• Able to come up with concepts and designs
• Familiar with creative tools and programs for Mac operating systems
• Advanced abilities with Adobe Creative Suite CS5
• Bilingualism/fluency in French and English
• Interest in independent music and the arts an asset but not required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, with “Graphic Designer” in the subject line. You must include a link to your portfolio in your application. Please indicate your eligibility for the Emploi Quebec subvention salariale.
We encourage Indigenous people, people of colour, LGBTQI people, and/or members of other groups who are underrepresented in artistic organizations to apply. We are committed to creating an organization as diverse as our audiences.
Application deadline: Friday, April 23rd, 2021, at 5 pm EST.
Please note that, while we appreciate all interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.