Start Date: April 29, 2019
End Date: November 22, 2019
Schedule: Average of 35 hours/week (30 hours/week in May, October, November; 40 hours/week in June-September)
Hourly Wage: $16/hour
• NOTE: Candidate MUST qualify for Emploi Quebec subvention salariale. Do not apply if you are not eligible. For more information, consult your Local Employment Centre: https://www.mtess.gouv.qc.ca/services-en-ligne/centres-locaux-emploi/localisateur/services_en.asp
ABOUT POP MONTREAL
POP Montreal International Music Festival is a not-for-proﬁt grassroots organization that champions independence in the arts by presenting emerging and celebrated artistic talents from around the world. Now in its 18th year, POP’s main event is a five-day music and arts festival taking place in the early fall, featuring over 400 bands as well as films, art, fashion, crafts and special events. In addition to the main festival, POP presents over 100 multidisciplinary events locally and internationally throughout the year.
Working in the POP Montreal office, the Graphic Designer is responsible for creating marketing and promotional materials, while maintaining a cohesive brand for the festival that spans all print, web, and other materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Graphic Designer will, using our brand identity guide, articulate POP Montreal’s aesthetic identity through different mediums.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work in close collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Director;
• Ensure visual consistency amongst all POP Montreal visual materials;
• Develop new, creative approaches to POP Montreal’s aesthetic identity;
• Design and layout projects working with an established artistic direction;
• Produce print ads, digital ads, web banners, internal documents, marketing materials, website designs, merchandise, posters and any additionally required materials;
• Liaise with POP Montreal’s partners and clients to provide design services as needed.
• Exceptional creative vision
• Able to come up with concepts and designs
• Familiar with creative tools and programs for Mac operating systems
• Advanced abilities with Adobe Creative Suite CS5
• Bilingualism/fluency in French and English
• Interest in independent music an asset but not required
• Please send an email with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Include a link to your portfolio
• Indicate your eligibility for the Emploi Quebec subvention salariale
• Applications will be accepted and considered on a rolling basis until April 26, 2019.
• Please note, while we appreciate all interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Only applications submitted via email will be considered (no phone calls please!)
• NOTE: Candidate MUST qualify for Emploi Quebec subvention salariale. For more information, consult your Local Employment Centre: https://www.mtess.gouv.qc.ca/services-en-ligne/centres-locaux-emploi/localisateur/services_en.asp