This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs. Please check that you are eligible: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/canada-summer-jobs/screening-eligibility.html
• June 13 – September 2nd, 2022 (PLEASE NOTE that applicants must also be available to work part-time during the month of September, as our festival takes place from September 28th to October 2nd 2022)
• 30 hrs/week
ABOUT POP MONTREAL:
The POP Montreal International Music Festival is a not-for-profit grassroots organization that champions independence in the arts by presenting emerging and celebrated artistic talents from around the world.
Now entering its 21st year, POP’s main event is a five-day music and arts festival taking place September 28th to October 2nd, featuring emerging local and international artists, as well as big headliners and multidisciplinary events.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Marketing Assistant will work closely with POP Montreal’s Marketing Director, and will be involved in various aspects of marketing and promotions of the festival. These may include skills and competencies like contract comprehension; social media coordination; solicitation of and communication with business partners; promotion strategies; composition of wrap-up reports; and information-sharing and coordination with a team.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Description of tasks
– Write marketing contracts, with supervision from the Marketing Director
– Attend marketing partnership meetings
– Compile marketing statistics
– Compile ad buy and trade specs
– Proof copy
– Print and distribute promotional materials
– Manage the street promotions volunteer team
– Post marketing content on social media, using Hootsuite
– Research and coordinate marketing for specific shows
– Assist at off-site promotions (e.g. tabling at other festivals and relevant events)
– Coordinate on-site promotion for POP items (printed festival program, etc.)
– Develop relationships with appropriate schools, programs, and courses in order to do festival outreach to students
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
– Is well-acquainted with both Mac and PC operating systems, as well as popular social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tik Tok
– Has strong communication skills in both English and French (spoken and written) – Has an active interest in contemporary arts and culture
– Works well autonomously, and in a team
– Is familiar with the arts and cultural landscape in Montreal
– Is well-organized, attentive to details, and able to meet deadlines
– Experience with Photoshop and InDesign is an asset
Please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] The application deadline is June 10th, 2022.
We encourage Indigenous people, Black people, people of colour, LGBTQIA+ people, and/or members of other groups who are underrepresented in artistic organizations to apply. We are committed to building a team that is as diverse as our artists and our audiences.
Please note that we will contact only those candidates whom we choose to interview.