• Bad Reputation (dir. Kevin Kerslake, 2018) at Cinéma Moderne • No Address and Mother of Many Children (dir. Alanis Obomsawin, 1977) • Socalled’s Porn POP’s premiere of The House Sitter (dir. Joshua Dolgin, 2018) • The Last Days of Disco (dir. Whit Stillman, 1998) • 30th Anniversary Screening of Salsa (dir. Boaz Davidson, 1988) at Cinéma Moderne • Empire Records (dir. Allan Moyle, 1995) • Film POP’s tribute to The Fall’s Mark E. Smith (1958- 2018) Hail the New Puritan (Charles Atlas, 1987) • Silvana (dir. Mika Gustafson, Olivia Kastebring, Christina Tsiobanelis, 2017) at Cinéma Moderne • A Magical Substance Flows Into Me (dir. Jumana Manna, 2015) at Cinéma Moderne • Chilly Gonzalez’s Premiere of Shut Up and Play the Piano (dir. Philipp Jedicke, 2018)
• World Premiere of Mitchell Stafiej’s A (2017) and after party with musical performances by cast members Alex Zhang Hungtai (ex-Dirty Beaches), Petra Glynt, Bernardino Femminielli, Caro Diaro and Alexis O’Hara !
• RZA: Live From the 36th Chamber of Shaolin – a live score of the 1978 kung fu classic performed by the RZA himself at the historic Rialto Theatre!
• Canadian Premiere of How to Talk to Girls at Parties(2017), the latest feature film by cult director John Cameron Mitchell
• Canadian Premiere, in the presence of the director, of the documentary On the Sly: In Search of the Family Stone (2017)
• Screening of controversial Sundance entry, Kuso (2017), the directorial debut by Flying Lotus!
• Fonko (dir. Göran Hugo Olsson, Daniel Jadam & Lars Lovén, 2016)
• Contemporary Color (dir. Bill Ross IV & Turner Ross, 2016) as part of the “David Byrne: ’86-’16” program
• Kiki (dir. Sara Jordenö, 2016)
• I Called Him Morgan (dir. Kasper Collin, 2016)
• Frank & The Wondercat (dir. Tony Massil & Pablo Alvarez-Mesa) w/ director Alvarez-Mesa in attendance
• 30th Anniversary screening of True Stories (dir. David Byrne, 1986) on 35mm as part of the “David Byrne: ’86-’16” program.
• 20th Anniversary screening Space Jam (dir. Joe Pytka, 1996) at the McGill University Gym
• Screening of the restored Multiple Maniacs (dir. John Waters, 1970)
• Playback (2012) and The Cockpit (2014) with director Sho Miyake in attendance
• The Reflektor Tapes (dir. Kahlil Joseph) in collaboration with Arcade Fire, also in attendance
• Restored version of A Poem is a Naked Person (dir. Les Blank, 1974/2015)
• Midnight 20th Anniversary screening of Showgirls (dir. Paul Verhoeven, 1995) at Cinéma L’Amour
• Nas : Time is Illmatic (dir. One9)
• Whiplash (dir. Damien Chazelle)
• Listen Up, Philip (Alex Ross Perry)
• Bayou Maharajah: The Tragic Genius of James Booker with director Lily Keber in attendance
• Strutter with director Allison Anders in attendance
• A Band Called Death (dir. Mark Christopher Covino and Jeff Howlett)
• PFFR: Legacy 2112 with John Lee in person
• Hack Your Own EVP Generator with Ruby Kato Atwood
World premieres: • Sweet Nothing with director Andi State in attendance
• The Auroratone Project: New Frontiers in Psychiatric Cinema (dir. various)
• Searching for Sugarman (2012 Oscar-winner, dir. Malik Bendjelloul)
• Richard Donner’s The Omen in the Church of St-John the Evangelist
• Jerzy Skolimowski’s Deep End with audience in a pool
• PJ Harvey: Let England Shake (dir. Seamus Murphy)
• Bloodied But Unbowed with director Susanne Tabata and DOA’s Randy Rampage in person
• Illustration exhibit by Rudimentary Peni’s Nick Blinko
• Feist documentary, Look At What the Light Did Now with director Anthony Seck in person.
• Rooftop viewing of Up The Yangtzee documentary (dir. Yung Chang)